According to the World Health Organization (WHO), cancer is the second leading cause of death globally. In 2018 alone, 9.6 million people lost their lives due to this deadly illness. It means every 1 one in 6 deaths were due to cancer. The stats are more fatal in low and middle-income countries. 70% of all the deaths caused by cancer are from these countries.
The consumption of detrimental and injurious food is one of the most significant reasons for a rapid growth in cancer patients. At present, people are not quite sure that the food they are consuming contains harmful elements that may risk their health. These elements such as nitrites and aromatic hydrocarbons cause risk of cancer and other chronic diseases. If not diagnosed at the proper time, it may lead to a negative impact on health and may even have more grave consequences.
Fatal diseases such as diabetes and cancer; are heavily influenced by our diet, lifestyle, and exposure to dangerous radiations. However, the research suggest that several foods contain nutrition, which help to decrease the risk of cancer in the body.
Several studies have been conducted in this regard, and according to the MD Anderson Cancer Centre, some beneficial foods may lower down the risk of cancer in the body. Such food has various health-related benefits as it contains a lot of protein, iron, minerals, and nutrition. Foods such as meat and dairy products contain a lot of fat and other harmful ingredients that increase the risk of having cancer.
Why Meat and Dairy Products Should be Avoided?
Why meat, poultry, and dairy products are the biggest threat to human health? Here’s why:
• Processed meat consumption may lead to an increased risk of stomach cancer.
• Red meat has been classified as a probable cause of cancer.
• Consumption of dairy products increases the risk of prostate cancer.
• Dairy products also catalyze the risks of lung cancer, breast cancer, and ovarian cancer.
• Processed meat mainly contains added nitrates and nitrites which also being broken down during the digestion process to form chemicals that can cause cancer.